This year, Computer Security Day falls on Wednesday, November 30th 2016. This is a great reminder to check all of your gadgets and tech for any weaknesses it may have. Especially with the holidays rolling in, it is smart to be alert and on top of your personal security! You can never do enough security checks!
Here is a checklist of some things you can do to help secure your computers
- Windows Update is enabled.
- Antivirus software is installed and running.
- Windows Firewall is turned on.
- The software on the computer is up to date.
- Strong passwords are always used.
- Passwords are not shared or written down.
- A password is required to access your computer.
- Unused programs are removed.
- Your home wireless network is secured.
- Your important data is regularly backed up.
- Use caution when browsing the Internet.
- Log off the computer when you're not using it.
- Web browser does not store or remember my passwords.
- Temporary Internet files are periodically removed.
(list from https://goo.gl/zIhK2P)