Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Which email openers are more likely to generate a response?

In the years I have been sending emails, one question has always remained in my head- how am I supposed to start this message? Luckily, I was not alone in my confusion. Brendan Greenley used data from over 300,000 email messages to finally figure out what the best way to open an email is.




The data shows that starting an email message with “hey” or “hello” elicits an almost 8% higher response rate than the old go-to “dear”. While I wouldn’t recommend starting all your future professional correspondence with “hey”, research shows that using conversational tones rather than professional ones seems to be the most effective method for receiving responses.

So, get out there and start sending! Do you have a go-to email opener? Leave a comment and let us know!  


No comments:

Post a Comment